I eat menudo once at a place in Nashville that had whole cows hooves behind the glass the same way double quick has corndogs. I was probly the only legal in there.
I had lunch at a little Mexican joint called El Paisano . Now this place is in the little mexico part of town so it is the real deal . Sadly , I have never had genuine Mexican food before just the Americanized versions . I was the only gringo in the place and the menuboard was not in English . Even w/ my limited Spanish I was able to make out half of the menu and luckily the lady understood what I wanted . I played it safe and ordered the old reliable tacos , 4 for $6 , 2 beef and 2 chicken . There were 3 little old Mexican women working the counter and grill . Everything was in plain sight like most of your short order joints , so I watched the process . The corn tortillas were rolled by hand and tossed on a grill . I was pleased to see that a beef taco was not seasoned ground beef but actual seasoned chunks of beef. They came with the meat , onions , cilantro (instead of lettuce)and sides of red sauce and green sauce . They were served w/ radishes and a 1/3 of a lime . I had 2 w/ red sauce and 2 w/ green and they both brought the sweat . The corn tortillas were very different from the flour ones I am accustomed to but loaded w/ flavor . Very enjoyable and different . Noticed a couple of customers that had ordered soup and the bowls were as large as a small punch bowl , musta been about a gallon of soup .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
I eat menudo once at a place in Nashville that had whole cows hooves behind the glass the same way double quick has corndogs. I was probly the only legal in there.
GO VOLS
Where is this resturant at?
That sounds so good!
I really prefer corn tortillas over flour any day - and cilantro is awesome (although it seems many Americans have a strong aversion to it).
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Waughtown St. in Winston , not the best of neighborhoods to hang out in especially after dark ..
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
I love being the only one in the place that can vote.
GO VOLS
cant remember the name, but next to barter theatre, used to be a hardware place, turned restaurant, good food, great bar
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
For real tho. When I go out of town I love to stop at the places that are not advertised. Each little town has something. I learned to love liver mush. By accident.
GO VOLS
MLK end or down towards Ranchos?
Other end just before Rite Aid .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
Bookmarks